failover and load balancing

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Wed Apr 22 15:20:11 CEST 2009

Hello,

>>> I could be wrong, there might be one we've missed. If so, i'd love to
>>> know as well, as master-master replication would make our lives easier
>>> too :)
>>
>> What is your need? More Read than write? Mabye think about mysql proxy
>> or some free cluster option.
> First the disclaimer:

> I have not used this only read about it!
> What about pgpoolII?
> supposedly a PostgreSQL master-master replication package

I think there might be much more read access then write access by using
a DB backend for RADIUS. If so it might be enough to have one master to
write and many slaves to read from. Or many master with a kind of sql
proxy like Sequoia or mysql-proxy. The problem with master master for
mysql is, that you have to resync each time you are dropping a table, a
view etc.pp.

BR

uwe

--