[OT (possibly)] problem with WinXP SP3 connecting, reconnecting

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Apr 22 16:16:43 CEST 2009

It's possible that this is my laptop that is causing this and not the
Wireless AP or FreeRadius but I thought I would ask because my laptop
doesn't do this on WPA-PSK on my home setup.

Using Windows supplicant, clearly connects using PEAP and am given an IP
address via LAN DHCP server.

If I try to ping LAN devices, I get dropouts, perhaps as high as 100%
but usally get at least 1 out of four, sometimes 3 out of 4 pings
returned and frequently, the status try indicates reconnecting. I tried
shutting off fast reconnect but it seems to not matter either way.

I presume that this is somehow a problem between my Linksys Wireless AP
and my laptop wireless (Atheros) and nothing at all to do with
FreeRadius but I'm wondering if others have experienced this issue and
might suggest something that I could try to remedy the problem.

Craig

believed to be clean.