failover and load balancing POSTGRESQL

Ben Wiechman wiechman.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:30:32 CEST 2009

If you require synchronous replication and your queries are conducive to it
there is MySQL Cluster. You might get some of the functionality you want
with DRBD (but write performance hits) and MySQL, which is supported
officially by MySQL, or through the use of circular replication with a pair
of masters in MySQL as Ivan mentioned. This type of configuration can also
be managed using the Multi master master (
http://code.google.com/p/mysql-master-master/) project. If you require
support Percona will provide support for that project as well.