eap-peap inner outer identity

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Apr 23 21:27:37 CEST 2009

> Hi
> I'm having troubles setting up EAP-PEAP with freeradius (2.1.0) +
> hostapd (0.6.9) + wpa_supplicant (0.6.6)
> What I've done is mostly to follow
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/freeradius.html
> Which basically is to update eap.conf to use peap and add my login
> details to the users file:
>
> "testuser"      User-Password == "Secret149"

That howto is years out of date. In 2.x peap works by default - you don't
need to make any changes to configuration files. Just put this (password
attribute and operator should be changed) in users file:

testuser      Cleartext-Password := "Secret149"

If you have troubles still, post the whole debug (not just pointless snip).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP