[Wimax TTLS with Alcatel - Lucent ASN GW]

Thomas Fagart tfagart at brozs.net
Mon Apr 27 13:23:49 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 00:18:29 +0100 (BST), "Ivan Kalik" <tnt at kalik.net>
wrote:
>> I am trying to use freeradius as AAA server with ASNGW to authenticate
>> WiMAX
>> device. Would you be kind enough to provide details on how to configure
>> freeradius for this? I saw that you were successful in getting it
working
>> and did not want to reinvent the wheels.
>>

> Read instructions in raddb/modules/wimax. His problems (using tunneled
and
> multivalued attributes in the reply) had nothing to do with WiMAX.
> Solutions for copying attributes from the tunnel and adding multiple
> attributes with the same name to the reply apply to any attribute, not
> just those for WiMAX.

That's completly right. We haven't used "wimax" authentication for our CPE
but only EAP-TTLS.

Anyway If I may reask a new question about adding multiple attribute to
reply on the radius that proxy.

The solution you gave me, (eg use users file and match the Realm Attribute,
DEFAULT	Realm == whatever) is ok for a "ISP" radius (eg end radius), not
for a "Wholesale" radius (eg radius that proxy).
According to what I saw in debug, Realm attribute is only use in the
request (eg add by the proxy radius), but even if I force it in the reply
of the end radius, it won't be consider in the reply by the proxy radius.

So that I can not add the wanted attribute as I would like too.

For now what I do, is use the attrs file for first attribute, then use
unlang in post auth to add the second attribute.

Thomas