Adding vendor specefic attributes

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Mon Apr 27 15:43:25 CEST 2009

>    Is it possible to configure vendor specific attributes in Free RADIUS.
> Please guide where can  I edit the configuration.

Nowhere.

> I am using MAC authentication by editing the user file shown below.
>
> '020a6-5a7fd9 Auth-Type:=Local,User-Password=="secret"

There is so much wrong with this unless you are using a very, very, very
old server version.

> MAC authentication is working and I would like to add a vendor specific
> attribute.

You add vendor specific attributes - just like any other. Just make sure
that you have the dictionary for that vendor in your installation (it's a
text file share/dictionary.vendor_name) and that that dictionary contains
attribute you want to use.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP