radpostauth sql logging of bad passwords

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Apr 27 19:52:47 CEST 2009

On 2009-Apr-27, at 11:27, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Guy Fraser wrote:
>> I am obviously missing something.
>>
>> I tried commenting out that section and it did not work I then
>> changed
>> it to :
>
>  So... what happens?

As far as I could tell nothing changed when I commented out the REJECT
section :

post-auth {
	reply_log
	sql
	sql_log
	exec
#	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
#		attr_filter.access_reject
#	}
}

And I still do not get any failed authentications when I use :

post-auth {
	reply_log
	sql
	sql_log
	exec
	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
		sql_log

I did not see any errors in any log files when I see the failed
attempts in the
/var/log/radacct/radiusd-DEFAULT-*.log file and there are no
corresponding
entries in /var/log/radacct/sqltrace.sql.

I was hoping there was an easy answer.

Does it look like something is broken or is this a configuration issue?

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator