mac-based authentification fail

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Tue Apr 28 11:42:27 CEST 2009

> After one week search the web for a solution, i come to this maling list.

That's a week wasted. Freeradius is under active development and
information on the Internet is in most cases out of date. Like the
instructions you followed. If only you followed examples in users file ...

> have to set up a mac-based authentication system (pretty simple) with HP
> procurve swtichs. I have see lot of tutorials, buy a book, download more,
> but
> it still don't work (access-request denied).

Because Auth-Type Local is breaking chap. Remove that. And change password
attribute and operator to Cleartext-Password := like in all the examples
in users file.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP