Restart radiusd after new user added

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Sat Aug 1 01:11:17 CEST 2009

Please reply to the list.

Le vendredi 31 juillet 2009 à 16:17 -0500, Paul Blalock a écrit :

> I tried the radmin> hup files, command, with no luck. The command was
> accepted, but it did nothing.

What version of freeradius are you runing?

If you have 2.1.1 or greater, just activate the control socket as a
virtual server (see in /etc/freeradius/sites-available) by linking it
to  /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/
Check that the soket is in read/write mode (mode =rw) and it has correct
uid/gid.
Restart freeradius (yeah I know that's what we want to avoid :p)

Then run radmin (as root), and try "hup files"

This works properly on my setup...