radius.log with timestamp in filename

RadiusGuy danieljackson at gmx.de
Tue Aug 4 11:54:33 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.4 and i would like to have timestamps
within the filename of the radius.log, i.e. radius.log-20090804. For the
other logfiles, like the detailfile, this is the default setting in the
radiusd.conf:

detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d

In good faith I have tried the same thing with the radius.log...

file = ${logdir}/radius.log-%Y%m%d

but it didn't work. Freeradius then creates a logfile with the explicit name
radius.log-%Y%m%d, but not with the timestamp of the actual day. Can anyone
help?

Thanks in advance!