new to freeRADIUS - Help

Tue Aug 4 17:13:48 CEST 2009

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks so much for your answer. What i meant was, in the terminal,
what can I type as a test to get a response from a running instance of
freeradius.

by RAS, I mean Remote Access Server. Also know as a Network Access
Server. As I understand it, the PPPoE users first hit the RAS, then
the rAS passes the query off to freeRadius, then freeRadius tells the
RAS what to do based on the user's validity, and the RAS either
accepts or rejects the user.

Do I have the concept right? And if so, do you or anyone know of a RAS
software that will run on OS X?

Another question i have, When I spoke briefly to the folks at Network
RADIUS, they told me that freeRadius includes the required db schema
for mySQL. When I installed mySQL 5.1, there was a db in there that I
didn't recognize, called information_schema, comprised of 28 tables.
Is this it, or is there something special I need to do to enable the
schema, as i understand from the docs that freeRadius will work with
almost any datasource including flatfiles.

Thanks in advance.

PS, if you're wondering if I'm aware of the irony in my name, the
answer is yes ;)