DEAFAULT keyword??

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:51:25 CEST 2009

Hi - I've been reading through WiKi  pages but still not clear. I need to
evaluate two attributes and I'm doing this with the =~ operator. But the
second attribute is not evaluated but instead returned as reg expr (exactly
as stated below)

DEFAULT     *User-Name =~ "^([aA-zZ]+)-([aA-zZ]+)$", Auth-Type := Local,
User-Password == "csetestp"*
            Alc-Subsc-ID-Str := "%{NAS-Port-Id}",
            Alc-Subsc-Prof-Str := "%{1}",
            Alc-SLA-Prof-Str := "%{2}",
            Alc-MSAP-Serv-Id := "100",
            Alc-MSAP-Policy  := "msaps",
            *NAS-Port-Id =~ "^([^:]+):", *
            Alc-MSAP-Interface := "port-%{1}"

Why is NAS-Port-ID returned, according to operators is should not be. I'm
trying to evaluate NAS-Port attr and then based on the results assign a
value to the last attribute: Alc-MSAP-Interface.

If I put a DEFAULT keyword with credentials (Auth-Type, User-Pswd), infront
of NAS-Port-Id, then, NAS-Port-Id and Alc-MSAP-Interfaces are not returned
at all.

What is the significance of this 'DEFAULT' keyword in the 'users' file?
Thanks,
Marlon