rlm_eap Errors

Rokkhan rokkhan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:23:25 CEST 2009

2009/8/7 Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>:
> Rokkhan wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I upgraded Freeradius to version 2.1.6. as suggested and now sometimes
>> i get some diferent EAP errors.
>> And the errors i get are:
>>
>> Fri Aug  7 13:27:19 2009 : Error: rlm_eap_mschapv2: Response is of
>> incorrect length 16
>
>  The supplicant on the PC does not do EAP correctly.

Is there anyway to locate from which machine or at least from which
nas is this machine trying to validate with incorrect supplicant
without running freeradius in debug mode?

>> Fri Aug  7 13:27:38 2009 : Error: rlm_eap_mschapv2: Response is of
>> incorrect length 16
>> Fri Aug  7 13:27:44 2009 : Error: rlm_eap: No EAP session matching the
>> State variable.
>> Fri Aug  7 13:27:56 2009 : Error: rlm_eap_mschapv2: Response is of
>> incorrect length 16
>> Fri Aug  7 13:28:14 2009 : Error: rlm_eap_mschapv2: Response is of
>> incorrect length 16
>> Fri Aug  7 13:28:32 2009 : Error: rlm_eap_mschapv2: Response is of
>> incorrect length 16
>>
>> By the way when is recomendable to enable cache?
>
>  Read the comments in eap.conf.

My question was about performance, if I enable the cache will increase
the performance of the freeradius server? With this option if a client
has been authenticated earlier the freeradius won´t do the files / sql
/ ldap authorization?
Is there any risk if the server receives a heavy amount of
authentication requests?
Sorry if i didn´t explain very well my question.

>> Whi is the better configuration for PEAP?
>
>  No amount of changing the FreeRADIUS configuration will fix the PC.
>
>  Replace the software on the PC with something that works.

My question was about performance again. I have tried a lot of
convinationes enabling and disabling this options of PEAP and i have
not seen too much diference between distinct configuration of this
options.
I have leave this options as default, but maybe this is not the best
way configure them.

                       copy_request_to_tunnel = no
                       use_tunneled_reply = no
                       #  proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = yes