ERROR 734

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 13 20:06:27 CEST 2009

Danie J. Steenkamp wrote:
> Hi, I have loaded Freeradius 2.1.6 on a Centos 5.3 server with Mysql.
> The server is responding perfectly to any Authentication.
>>From a Windows XP it connects, verifies the username, password &
> Calling-Station-ID. It then immediately disconnects with Error 734: The
> PPP link control protocol was terminated. In the log on the Radius
> server it shows that the connection was OK:

  Then blame the NAS.  If the server says "let the user log in", and the
NAS doesn't let the user log in, then the NAS is broken.

> Thu Aug 13 09:40:39 2009 : Auth: Login OK: [Danie1234/xxxx] (from client
> MTN-RB-J20 port 24329888 cli 27XXXXXXXXX)
> Using NTRadPING, authentication is successful.

  Authentication was successful with the NAS, too.  That it's the problem.

> However, using "Accounting Start" on NTRadPING it sends the accounting
> packet through to the server and can clearly be seen when using debug
> mode:
> "rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.18.205.5 port 4923,
> id=4, length=56
>         User-Name = "Danie1234"
>         Acct-Status-Type = Start
>         Acct-Session-Id = "2120"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "27833873873"
> Finished request 5."

  It's not processing the accounting section for some reason.  Are you
sure it's loading the right file?