Problem with MAC authorization..(again)

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Aug 14 12:28:03 CEST 2009

On 14/08/2009 07:57, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Sunardo Panjaitan wrote:
>
>> This the output of radiusd -X :
>> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.1.0.6 port 1024, id=5, length=139
>>          EAP-Message = 0x0201000501
>> Found Auth-Type = Accept
>> Auth-Type = Accept, accepting the user
>
>    You can't do that for EAP.  It might work sometimes, but not regularly.

Indeed.

>    And if you do that, you need to return an EAP-Success in the
> Access-Accept.
>
>> But the client can't connect.Anybody can help me???
>
>    You're short-circuiting an EAP exchange, which really won't work.

The examples were meant for pure RADIUS based mac-auth. If you're using EAP, you really want mac-authz.

Please advise on what EAP method you're using PEAP/TTLS etc... and we may be able to help you further.

Manufacturing accepts will work with some eap methods such as EAP-MD5 and EAP-TTLS-PAP. But not with methods such as EAP-TTLS-MSCHAPv2 or EAP-PEAP.

Regards,
Arran

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell <A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk>,