Problem authenticating cleartext-passwords locally and proxy realms

mikoi mika.koivisto at logica.com
Mon Aug 17 15:41:58 CEST 2009

>  Why?  That is NOT necessary.  All of the documentation and all of the
> examples and many of the messages on this list say DO NOT SET AUTH-TYPE.

>  Especially Auth-Type := Local.  That configuration has been NOT
> recommended for many years now.  Many, many, years.

Yes, you are so right!
Removed Auth-Type from everywhere and as you said. It kept on working.
I must have had some other configurations that messed up my testingresults
and led me to believe Auth-Type fixed the errors. Now after a lot of trial
and error i think i have a decent configuration.
Thanks again!