Comparing live sessions between NAS and freeradius

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 06:21:26 CEST 2009

> sees?  How do I update a user's acctstoptime when the NAS doesn't have a
> session for that user, but the DB shows as "NULL" (i.e. freeradius believes
> the user is live)?

It is called stale session. I am also trying to solve the same. I just
discussed this topic few days back. Check the list archive for
previous detail discussion on how to solve this.
>From my understanding, there is no common solution to this because
every problem is unique (based on your business logic) . You need to
check the "racacct" table periodically to detect such problem (based
on your implementation) and come up with your own SQL to modify this
table (again based on your implementation).

Regards