Stale Session and Simultaneous-Use Question

ganesh nagpure gnagpure_mtnl at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 09:06:10 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have following setup and need to configure the setup as per following requirements.

BRAS (7206) - Radius (Free radius) - Proxy Radius (Third party radius)

BRAS will send accounting and auth request to free radius server and free radius server will forward this to proxy radius.
 Is it possible to configure free radius server to do the following thing.
1)	Forward the acc/auth request to proxy radius server and wait for acknowledgement.
2)	If proxy radius server send the acknowledgement then allow the user session
3)	If proxy radius does not send the acknowledgement then disconnect the session or do not allow the user session
4)	If the session is on going and if proxy radius is sending the stop session message because of user account modification or some other reason to free radius then free radius should inform the BRAS to stop current session.
5)	Free radius should forward the entire attribute to proxy radius which is forwarded by BRAS.
6)	BRAS are configuring to send periodic accounting update request for every five minutes. Does free radius forward the periodic accounting request to proxy radius server?

Your help on this will be highly appreciable.

BR
Ganesh