Accounting copying to specific systems

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 20 10:22:25 CEST 2009

Joe Maimon wrote:
> Certain systems need copies of accounting data, but I only want to send
> a subset of accounting to the appropriate system. I dont want to change
>  the way the server updates the sql accounting and local detail files.

  If you need *multiple* copies, then the "detail" write/reader is the
way to go.

  I would suggest writing one detail log per destination.  Then, when
the detail file is read, do the filtering *there*.  That ensures that
the filtering for one destination doesn't affect the filtering for
another destination.