Bandwidth & Hardware Requirement Question

Igor Smitran sigor at blic.net
Fri Aug 21 08:27:46 CEST 2009

Bandwidth is needed on your router. Between your router and your radius
server you will only have authentication and accounting packets which
are small and do not consume much of a bandwidth.
Radius server will not do any rate limiting, radius server will only
send rate limit data to router, during authentication, if you tell him to.
You can use desktop computer (P4 for example) for radius server. You can
have sql server on separate lan/computer. or not, it's up to you.
You can authenticate thousands of users on one pentium 4, with basic setup.