Values from LDAP

John Smith freeradius at fcse.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 21:36:58 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using Freeradius 2.1.6 talking to an LDAP server. I am able to do
basic LDAP authentication and everything is fine from that point of view.

What I am trying to do is retrieve some additional values from the LDAP
server, I'm sure it should be a simple thing to do but I can't work out
how to do it.

e.g. running ldapsearch -h ldap.server -x -b"ou=auth,dc=uni,dc=co,dc=uk"
"(uid=a3)" returns
dn: uid=a3,ou=people,ou=auth,dc=uni,dc=co,dc=uk
ou: My Department
mail: email at example.com

To being with I'd like to put 'mail' or 'ou' into the Reply-Message
attribute - does anyone have any suggestions? (This is the first time I'm
using LDAP, so please go easy if I've missed something obvious).

Cheers,
-John

believed to be clean.