Values from LDAP

John Smith freeradius at fcse.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 23:53:49 CEST 2009

>>>Map the attributes in ldap.attrmap.
>>
>> Thanks for the prompt reply. I have put something in there:
>> replyItem       My-Email                      mail
>>
>> and I've tried things like %{My-Email} ... but that didn't work.
>
>If you have defined My-Email in freeradius then it will be
%{reply:My-Email}.
In my dictionary, I have:
ATTRIBUTE       My-Email                   3010    string

I can now do Reply-Message += "%{reply:My-Email}" in a post-auth section
and it works.

However if I change (in ldap.attrmap) mail to dn, the Reply-Message
contains "". Should it be possible to read the dn in this same way?

>> Can you suggest a suitable way to use this?
>
>replyItem     Reply-Message     mail
>
>You can add += at the end if you might be sending more messages.

If I do:
replyItem       Reply-Message                   mail

Then it works, however if I put the += after it, it doesn't appear.

In this specific case, this is the first place Reply-Message is given a
value, so appending isn't necessary, however in future cases(when not
using Reply-Message) it might be useful to be able to do this.

Cheers,
-John

believed to be clean.