Logging client IP address

Ian Chard ian.chard at ict.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 25 12:00:00 CEST 2009

On 25/08/09 10:39, Alan Buxey wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If modifying the linelog isn't possible then I like the sound of this.
>> Is there some documentation on the dynamic_clients option?  I can't seem
>> to find any reference to it on freeradius.org.
>
> $site_config/raddb/sites-available/dynamic-clients
>
> (one of many cases where the feature is new but well documented
> in the config/code than the website or WIKI)

Ahh gotcha.  Looks like I'll have to upgrade (I'm using the Debian lenny
stock freeradius 2.0.4, which I believe doesn't have dynamic-clients).

> as for linelog, edit modules/linelog for your requirements
> and then put a call to that module where you need it (eg postauth)

Ditto I think!

Many thanks for your help
- Ian

Ian Chard, Senior Unix and Network Gorilla | E: ian.chard at sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service   | T:  80587 / (01865) 280587
Oxford University Library Services         | F:          (01865) 242287