Proxy-To-Realm and Users File

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 09:22:50 CEST 2009

Mike O'Connor <freeradius at pineview.net> wrote:

> Using freeradius 2.1.4 the following works if I user the hints file.
>
> DEFAULT      Called-Station-Id == "splns357"
>                        User-Name := "%{User-Name}@mb.webshield.net.au"
>
> The user is proxied to the correct server and the user is correctly set.
>
> I now need to proxy based on the User-Name which in this case will
> always be a telephone number (Mobile Broadband SIM's)
>
> I had added the following to the users file (which I hope to change to
> the fast users later)
>
> 61466004163    Proxy-To-Realm := "mb.webshield.net.au"
>                          User-Name := "%{User-Name}@mb.webshield.net.au"
>
> This proxies the user to the next server but does not rewrite the
> username, I've also tried a couple of other in this file but none seem
> to work.

I ran into this too, I think I got the impression that after you call
'suffix' things are set in stone and User-Name/Realm is read-only (in
the 'request' set of valuepairs); which is fair enough[1].  If you do
rewrite 'proxy-request:User-Name' you probably will find things work as
you expect.

Cheers

[1] later on when mangling other things, you apprieate that mangling the
	original User-Name/Realm was a Bad Idea(tm) and besides whats
	the point in calling 'suffix' also :)

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Drinking is not a spectator sport.