Selective Update of User-Name

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Thu Aug 27 15:50:51 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:57:47PM +0930, Mike O'Connor wrote:
> I need to Rewrite the User-Name of individual accounts to add a realm,
> this would need to reliable up to at least 10000 users.
>
> Does any one have any ideas on how this might be done, in a way that can
> be updated with out restarting Freeradius ?
>
> We do have some python code running in this proxy which might be able to
> help.

We're doing this with rlm_perl's authorize(). We change the values in
%RAD_REQUEST and return RLM_MODULE_UPDATED in the handler. I would think
rlm_python would be similar.

If you need to change the list of users on the fly (is that what you mean by
"with out restarting Freeradius"?), you could put your list of users into
something like a Berkeley DB file and have the authorize handler check there
for the username to determine whether to add the realm.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,