monitoring buffered-sql

ramesh p rock786143 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:31:14 CEST 2009

Thanks Ivan. How do i examine the packet that caused freeze?  Using
detail.work file? please suggest.

Thanks,
Rams.

> I installed freeradius with detail, buffered-sql active. How to monitor
> the
> buffered-sql module. If it stops or sleeps for very long time responding
> mysql db.?
> I saw all of a sudden buffered-sql not pushing packets to mysql db
> yesterday. After restarting radius process it started processing.
> Please suggest.

Monitor the database, not module. If last insert is x minutes/hours ago
send alert or even restart radiusd. I have an alert - first examine packet
that caused the freeze, then release the rest. In my experience every time
reason for the freeze was database backup - I am backing it up via the
network, so it can be slow.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP