Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql:

Yagnesh Dave yagnesh.dave at rediffmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:29:53 CET 2009

Hi All,

While trying to run the FreeRadius I got this error. Please let me know what should be done to overcome this. While checking it on FreeRadius emails, i found the same problem has been encountered by others too, but did`nt get to see the solution, thus posting it.

ERROR:

Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: rlm_sql_mysql.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of your system's ld.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf[22]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[161]: Failed to find module "sql".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize section.
Errors initializing modules
root at cn#

Thanks and Regards,
Yagnesh Dave.