Error in Installing Freeradius

Alex Bahoor alexbahoor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 3 07:39:36 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to install freeradius (Version 2.1.7.: tar.bz2), on
suse_sles-11-0-0.001 and following the procedure below, I ran into the
following errors:
Sh: apxs2-prefork: command not found
Error: failed build dependencies:
Db-dvel is needed by freeradius-server-2.1.7-0.i586
And the list goes on..

Is this Linux not the right one?
Any suggestion please?

Rgrds,

Alex

Building SUSE packages
On SUSE Linux it should be a simple matter of taking the latest FreeRADIUS
release tarball and dropping it in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES along with the
other files from the suse/ directory inside the tarball with the exception
of freeradius.spec which goes in /usr/src/packages/SPECS

Then simply run:

rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPECS/freeradius.spec
rpmbuild will tell you if you are missing any build dependencies. If so,
simply install them with yast2 -i packagename-devel then rerun rpmbuild

database 4656 (20091202) __________

http://www.eset.com