AD, Groups, and LDAP (was Re: separating Users?)

freeradius at corwyn.net freeradius at corwyn.net
Fri Dec 4 16:44:45 CET 2009

At 04:33 AM 12/4/2009, Alan DeKok wrote:
>freeradius at corwyn.net wrote:
> > Note that the configuring of SAMBA, kerberos, and adding to the domain
> > should already be done as part of the default Linux install, see
> > h:\is\operating system\Linux\Guide_linux.doc
>
>   This file is... ?

Heh, part of our internal documentation structure. As long as I'm
copy/pasting this from that, it's likely to stay in there.

 > Update max_requests to # users * 256
>   That isn't necessary.  It should be no more than "max request/s *
>max_request_time".

Well the docs say:
#  max_requests: The maximum number of requests which the server keeps
#  track of.  This should be 256 multiplied by the number of clients.
#  e.g. With 4 clients, this number should be 1024.

so I was just doing what this said.

> > Add to the end of the acct listen {..}  (to permit groups of clients)
> >         clients = disambiguate
>
>   I don't understand why this is necessary.  All it does is put the
>clients into a sub-section.  There's no additional value or capabilities
>in doing this.

I probably picked this up from one of the random docs while trying to
puzzle things out that weren't clear. Since it helps show how to use
a subsection, it's useful to me.

> > Since we're not using any of these methods for the Ciscos, in
> > authenticate{..} disable:   chap, mschap, suffix, ntdomain, unix, pap
> >
> > Add to the end of the authorize{..} section:
> > ntlm_auth
>
>   Or to the end of the "authenticate" section?

d'oh!  good catch (it's right in the appendix at least)

Thanks!

Rick