Auth-Type

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 7 10:07:05 CET 2009

Hi,

> If i remove the 'testuser Auth-Type := Accept' completely everything
> works fine; the user connects and accounting updates are written. I am
> looking for an efficient way to remove the ability to connect without
> touching the password in the database. I searched through ppp and
> radiusclient documentation and source but don't see how i can achieve
> this the correct way.
>
> It will work if i insert and delete the 'Auth-Type := Reject' record
> for the user to achieve this. I just figured that changing the value
> from Accept to Reject would be a nicer way to do this.

thats easy then - just set the Reject somewhere else - if the person
has been bad or whatever, you can simply create such a return.... eg
using SQL - you can create a 'rejected-people' group and have 'Reject'
int he Auth-Type for that group...... then, shoudl you need to , simply
add that user to the rejected-people group. et voila.

alan