Hello,

J Brandon Polley POLLEYJB at nsac.ca
Mon Dec 7 21:41:16 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm new to this list and have never used one before. Here are my stats:
FreeRadius version 1.272
Linux OES2

My problem is when I try and start freeRadius it tells me it can't find the other config files that are in etc/radiusd/ like proxy.confg and clients.config. Here is what the command prompt tells me when I start freeradius using debug mode:

radius:~ # radiusd -x
Starting - reading configuration files ...
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[454]: Unable to open file "proxy.conf": No such file or directory
Errors reading radiusd.conf

Here is what line 454 in radiusd.conf has written:

proxy_requests  = yes
$INCLUDE proxy.conf

I know the FAQ might talk about this under the question: It says "Could not link...File not found",what do I do?

I'm not sure if this is specifically talking about MySQL or they are only using it as an example. If this is my answer maybe somone could explain it a little more simpler to me?

I have not yet got this to start. Can anyone help me figure out why it can't find proxy.conf?