Cisco-AVPair Accounting

Michael Bowe mbowe at pipeline.com.au
Tue Dec 8 04:44:50 CET 2009

> One of the attributes we are after is the client-mac-address from
> Cisco-AVPair = "client-mac-address=0012.3fb2.15d2".
>
> So far it is now converted to an attribute of its own
> client-mac-address=0012.3fb2.15d2.  (by setting cisco-av-hack to yes
> and
> adding some attributes to the dictionary)
>
> Now to get it to be the callingstationid.  Looks like that will require
> that attr_rewrite be used to redefine callingstationid to be the mac
> address defined as client-mac-address.
>
> Still reading a bit on how to get that done.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?   If so, please send them along.

Hi,

Tweak the freeradius conf
  with_cisco_vsa_hack = yes

Add dictionary entry something like this :
  ATTRIBUTE       client-mac-address      3004    string

Give the dialup.conf a bit of a tweak, so if calling-station-id isn't
available, try putting the client-mac-address instead :
  Change
  '%{Calling-Station-Id}'
  '%{Calling-Station-Id:-%{client-mac-address}}'

Michael.