default linelog Accounting-Request handling broken?

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 10:59:32 CET 2009

Hi,

> So you fit the bill anyway - if you're prepared for a completely dead
> FreeRADIUS, you're prepared for the situation such as a logging issue.

not at all. dead radiusd not an issue compared to several gigabytes
of sudden unexpected log behaviour due to an issue at remote proxy,
for example.  our servers are geared up for a virtual environment
with pretty much lack of local disk space and remote disk at a 'premium'
compared to fast DB access for the requirements we need.

if you change the 'profile' of the server - ie it suddenly is disk
hungry, then people have to change their server setup and layout. not good.

alan