default linelog Accounting-Request handling broken?

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Tue Dec 8 11:07:51 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:59:32AM +0000, Alan Buxey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > So you fit the bill anyway - if you're prepared for a completely dead
> > FreeRADIUS, you're prepared for the situation such as a logging issue.
>
> not at all. dead radiusd not an issue compared to several gigabytes
> of sudden unexpected log behaviour due to an issue at remote proxy,
> for example.  our servers are geared up for a virtual environment
> with pretty much lack of local disk space and remote disk at a 'premium'
> compared to fast DB access for the requirements we need.
>
> if you change the 'profile' of the server - ie it suddenly is disk
> hungry, then people have to change their server setup and layout. not good.

How could local configuration parsing be an issue caused by a remote proxy?
This code does not parse remote input, IIRC.

Again, my point was that people who are prepared to immediately intervene in
a dead radiusd are most commonly are prepared to immediately intervene in a
faulty configuration file.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.