Testing radius server

Alex Bahoor alexbahoor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 10 06:31:55 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm getting trouble authenticating my AP to freeradius. When I type in a
password on the AP, it reaches the radius server, however the server
responds with ICMP destination unreachable to the AP. I can see radius is
listening to the following ports:

Udp 	0	0 *:radius
Udp 	0	0 *:radius-acct

I take it the above are port 1812 and 1813 respectfully. Right?
I see the Cisco AP is sending request with destination port 1812. So, any
clue as to why it sending the ICMP unreachable? It seems that the port
numbers are not what I think they are, but netstat identifies the two ports
as radius default, so it got to be right. But I know that icmp unreachable
is only sent out (in this case), if the server cannot identify the
destination port number.

How can I locally test that radius is serving the port above and the
password. Like is there a way that I can use CLI to test the radius as if
I'm the AP, but from the command line on the server?

Thanks,

Alex

database 4674 (20091209) __________

http://www.eset.com