Testing radius server

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Thu Dec 10 22:40:59 CET 2009

Alex,

Please try to be less arrogant when you answer me. I have not touched linux
or Solaris for 9 years. And I'm not a developer, and an RF engineer. I know
many of you are software developers. We should not delve into the Silicon
Valley notion of RTFM--instead should adhere to
<http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html> RFC1855. The reason I'm having very
basic questions is because the wiki is counter intuitive and  way cryptic to
me; it's written with idea in mind that users used the product and familiar
with it. I have used steel belted radius for a long time, never had a
problem with it, because it's written for *not* developers. I'm at loss with
this product, even though I have about 28 years of networking, RF and
wireless experience in testing and installation, and close to CCIE
certified. I'd like to continue use the product, with all the help I can get
from you guys, but with dignity.  If this won't work with this group, may be
I should just bite the bullet and buy steel belted and get over with.

Now let's go to answer your questions. Please see in-inline

<tim> Blah, blah blah ... 22 years ago I worked for Al Gore and we spent two
days driving around Iowa talking about Gigabit Fiber Optic networks and the
Internet. So, I guess you could say that I helped Al Gore invent the
Internet. Then I went to work for Cisco in 1996.

#  You can now specify one secret for a network of clients.

#  When a client request comes in, the BEST match is chosen.

#  i.e. The entry from the smallest possible network.

#

client 1.2.3.100/24 {

        secret          = cisco

        shortname       = cisco

}

<tim> You need to put users in the users file.

Tim