accounting with freeradius (Alan Buxey)

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Dec 10 23:46:21 CET 2009

> I hope to see step-by-step instructions to setup accounting system using
> sql server with freeradius such that I can see a user's network usage
> (Tx'd / Rx'd).

Use schema.sql from raddb/sql/your_database_type directory to create the
database tables.
Configure raddb/sql.conf.
Uncomment include for sql.conf in radiusd.conf.
Uncomment sql entry in accounting in default virtual server.
Restart server.

That's it.

> Also, with freeRADIUS, is there a way to log a user's accounting info in a
> local file, not in a sql server?

Yes, that's called detail file and that is enabled by default.

Ivan Kalik