Request for directions: WinXP + Samba + LDAP + 802.1x

nf-vale nf-vale at critical-links.com
Fri Dec 11 13:19:00 CET 2009

On Friday 11 December 2009 11:59:33 Fabiano Caixeta Duarte wrote:
> Maybe I didn't make myself clear.
>
> I don't have AD and don't wanna. I did set clients to use 802.1x
>
> Maybe I should ask: how do I set clients? PEAP? MS-CHAPv2? MD5? But it
> would depend on what you'd answer about my first question.

Set XP clients to use 802.1x PEAP and don't forget to add your nas client
(switch) to the clients.conf file in radius.

You should provide some more info about your current configuration (freeradius
version, files modified by you, etc) and at least  some debug (radiusd -X) from
a client authentication request for people to understand were have you get so
far.

> I know I'm lacking of knowledge. That's why I'm looking for your guidance.

Bear in mind that you must try to ask the right questions to be guided into
the correct path ;)