Clients and users and confs, in mysql

C. Diego Raffaelli A. c.diegoraffaelli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 01:09:51 CET 2009

Dear all:

i managed to install a Debian Lenny with freeradius and i would like
to use Mysql to clients and users data, because i think its better
than radius plain text files; and i would like to use a webadmin to
reporting and management too.

but, i'm confused.

my installation is "zero", i mean, just "make install" and something like that.

1- i dont know if i have to configure manually the "clients.conf" file
and it will be automatically written on mysql database or conversely,
i would write my data on mysql manually and those data will be
automatically writted on text files?

maybe , i think there are independent of each.

2- I have a 3Com Total control making dial-up authorizations; now, i
need to use radius to pppoe ,for aaa. i think i will use the HiperARC
card, so i think my model in clients.conf isn't "tc", it is usrhiper,
right?

3- I'm very, very confused in this : who does bandwidth limitation for
a user? i.e.: "Joe" must have 128Kbps of traffic limitation.

pppoe server does (3Com)? or radius does somehow? or maybe freeradius
send parameters to 3com hiper arc to set it ?

Thanks in advance.
Carlos.

Note.- someone stated "i had enough". I would like to say (in my poor
english): documentation isn't better of world, but is better of
freeradius, and FREEradius it's the better of all Free-Radius
software. and its free. it is enough!
Thanks for responding every time.