Freeradius db.ippool is FULL Error : rlm_ippool: No available ip addresses in pool.

Gökhan ORHON Gokhan.ORHON at provus.com.tr
Mon Dec 14 16:05:09 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a big problem please HELP.

I newbee for Radius,

I am use freeradius 2.x on the Suse 11.1. (Vmware ESXi 3.5)
I use ippool. (254 IP) I have a gprs POS machine. POS is work no problem but,

When connect POS machine to radius server, and disconnect, ippool not free ip on the db.

I look

rlm_ippool_tool -avc db.ippool db.ipindex

ip's still here. Many times db file is full and radius not give ip to POS. I manualy remove

this rlm_ippool_tool -r command and Radius give IP to POS.

I look Radius -Xx command,

i see on the log file error : rlm_ippool: No available ip addresses in pool.

Q1: How release IP on the db.ippool file auto? or any disconnection timeout value?

Note: I use crontab now, but is this true way?
Thank you.

Some Information from Radius

ippool main_pool {

                range-start = 172.20.3.1