Accounting question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 15 15:44:24 CET 2009

David Peterson wrote:
> From what I can determine, the username is encrypted even though the
> authentication is done in clear text during the EAP authentication.

  It's not "encrypted".  My guess is that you are using WiMAX.

  As always, run the server in debugging mode to see what's going on.

  But if the NAS refuses to send a usable User-Name in an accounting
packet, your only solution is to somehow write the *real* User-Name &&
the hex stuff into an SQL table.  Then, correlated them later when you
receive the accounting packet.