accepting any login attempt with CHAP (not MS-CHAP)

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:51:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to accept any login attempt. So far it's working fine with
the "Auth-Type := Accept", but now some users use CHAP and I get the
following error messages:

Thu Dec 17 19:33:16 2009 : Auth: Login incorrect (rlm_chap: Clear text
password not available): [******/<CHAP-Password>] (from client ****
port *****)

***** for possibly sensitive information

I know from http://lists.freeradius.org/mailman/htdig/freeradius-users/2006-October/msg00031.html
  that it's not possible to accept any password when using MS-CHAP,
but is it possible with CHAP? And if so, how can I configure Radius to
accept any CHAP password?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Klaas Jan Wierenga

---

I'm using a rather old version of FreeRADIUS:
# /usr/sbin/radiusd -v
radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 1.0.4, for host , built on Jul 20 2005 at
08:12:10