MAC authentication bypass --- How am I supposed to?edit?theusers file to include multiple MAC addresses??

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Mon Dec 21 00:31:20 CET 2009

Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

>> 'cheese112233xxyyzzTASTY' would even match that :)
>
> yep - but a user could just as easily log in with the user-name of
> 00:11:22:33:44:55 ;-)

Not when you say !EAP-Message too :)

> thats why some decent stuff needs to be done elsewhere....I dont
> like Mac auth bypass. not a fan of it at all - its a horrible
> kludge to deal with devices that cant do 802.1X
>
> the real answer is to get the vendors to sort their cheap shoddy kit
> out ;-)

Bah, I wrote a "you have to jump this high to connect to the Intertubes"
document for work.  The venduhs cannot even get past the tendering phase
now :)

Although it does nothing about the legacy guff, it stops new guff
connecting.

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: A sinking ship gathers no moss.