Virtual Server not setting attributes on reply

Timothy nzkbuk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:58:53 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm having problems when using a virtual server.
When using the "virtual_server" I'm not getting the reply attributes set.

It may be a config thing, but I haven't been able to find where the
problem is from the documentation. And I can't understand why there
would be the difference.

I have 2 realms set using the same virtual server. The only difference is
realm TEST1 {
       virtual_server = test
}
realm TEST2 {
        type            = radius
        format         = prefix
        delimiter      = "/"
        authhost      = 127.0.0.1:11812
        accthost      = 127.0.0.1:11813
        secret          = secret
}

If I authenticate to TEST1/user
My response is "only" a successful auth.

If I authenticate to TEST2/user
My response is a successful auth WITH Attributes (in this case the
attribute I'm setting is
Cisco-AVPair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"

It appears to me that using the virtual server is stripping the
attributes from the reply.

Can anyone tell me
a) The approprate documentation covering this is so I know.
b) What I have done wrong (and where to find the answers)
or
c) This is an actual bug and someone will look at it

Thanks
Timothy