Virtual Server not setting attributes on reply

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 21 23:16:55 CET 2009

Hi,
> I think we're getting too far into the detail and losing sight of the
> problem I was trying to report initially.
>
> I'd expect the only difference between the proxying to a remote server,
> and proxying to a virtual server to be efficency / ports used, not
> functionality, aka it's more efficnt to use virtual_server= rather
> than define a remote radius server, then have the virtual server
> listen on odd numbered ports on localhost.
>
> There seems to be a functionality difference when proxied to a virtual server.

well, looking from the log, your virtual_server doesnt appear to set any attribute
in its post-auth stage. calling the right thing or SQL table?

my initial thought was your attr_filter wasnt allowing that attribute
through from the virtual_server (much like it would strip it out
if the domain/realm wasnt allowed - check pre-proxy and post-proxy parts)

alan