OpenVPNAS Accounting Issues

Neville nev at itsnev.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 20:50:27 CET 2009

Hi all,

I would just like to clarify the accepted format of Acct-Session-Id, when
using mySQL to track the clients usage through accounting.

I'm currently testing OpenVPNAS and it seems to create a long string such as
'NASIPADDRESS.as0t0.1261084262.6899.1', however when the 'Acct-Status-Type':
'Stop' is sent, the SQL does not update the current row, but instead creates
a NEW row, which seems identical, therefore leaving the session open in sql.

Is the problem with the STRING being used by OpenVPNAS the reason why the
original ROW created by 'Acct-Status-Type': 'Start' is not being updated?

Thx
Nev