Recall: MAC authentication bypass ---How?am?Isupposedto?edit?theusersfile to include multiple MACaddresses??

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbard-bell at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Dec 30 18:48:35 CET 2009

On 30/12/2009 09:12, Difan Zhao wrote:
> So I assume that none of you guys use MS Exchange server then... Do you
> guys all hate MS and support open source?? I am a windows guy but I am
> on your side!!

I believe it's being forced on staff at my previous employers site, but
it's not there yet. My current employer uses exchange.

Personally I believe people should always use the tools that allow for
best productivity in their environment. Obviously there is inefficiency
in running multiple services to support esoteric client configurations,
so standards based protocols should be used wherever possible to ensure
maximum compatibility.
> Arran, you found the problem! Now it works! Thank you!

Left operand can either be a reference to a variable or a string. Right
operand can only be a string.

When a double quoted string is being parsed (expanded) the encapsulating
curly braces %{var} tell the server than this part of the string should
not be interpreted literally, but should instead be replaced with the
result of the operation described by the text between the curly braces.

The use of %{} outside of double quotes is invalid. If you'd wrapped
both the operands in double quotes it'd have worked; just using the
variable reference as the left operand is slightly faster.

-Arran