IP-Assignment with sqlippool based on nas-ip-address

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Feb 2 11:12:55 CET 2009

>> That should happen only if IP allocation has expired (see lease-duration
>> in sqlippool.conf). There is another allocate-find query that issues
>> random IPs.
>>

>Hmmm, maybe there is another problem in my config. I tried two requests within ten seconds. Attached you'll find the debug. During the second request the first ip-address is freed and can be used again. The lease-duration has the standard value of 3600, so this can't be the reason.
>
>This is the table radippool after the second request:
>
>+-----------+-----------------+--------------+---------------------+----------+----------+
>| pool_name | framedipaddress | nasipaddress | expiry_time         | username | pool_key |
>+-----------+-----------------+--------------+---------------------+----------+----------+
>| poolUK    | 10.10.10.10     | 10.98.6.95   | 2009-02-02 10:14:32 | peter2   |          |
>| poolUK    | 10.10.10.11     |              | 2009-02-02 09:14:31 |          | 0        |

You don't have a pool_key because you are doing radtest requests. Proper
request will have NAS-Port or Calling-Station-Id as pool_key. With
updated queries user, nas *and* pool_key need to match for IP to be
released. Queries in the distribution don't have pool_key so double
login will release the older IP.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP