Query on Acct-Status-Type

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Feb 3 16:59:49 CET 2009

>>You are aware that this will disable Simultaneous-Use?
>could you explain me more.

If you don't record Start packets you won't be able to detect double
(or multiple) logins by the same user. Potentially, one user can pay you
and reveal his user/pass to everybody and all of them will be able to
connect to your network as they please. If Simultaneous-Use is working
only one at the time can connect - they can still share user details but
they won't be able to connect in the same time.

>My routers will be sending packets types of Acct-Status0Type =
> Start,
>Stop,
>Checkpoint,
>Accounting-On,
>Accounting-Off,
>Tunnel-Start,
>Tunnel-Stop,
>Tunnel-Reject,
>Tunnel-Link-Start,
> Tunnel-Link-Stop,
> Tunnel-Link-Reject,
>Failed.

There should be Interim-Update on that list as well. Freeradius processes
Start, Stop, Update, On and Off by default.

>However i need to store only the category of "Acct-Status-Type == Stop"
>packets.

You have done that already:

>At present am using Accounting_stop query and Accounting_stop_alt query for
>storing stop packets.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP