Problem with udpfromto in version 2.1.1 - please help

Will D. Spann willdspann at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 20:43:04 CET 2009

Alan DeKok,

>> Unfortunately, I'm getting the same negative results when running the
>> recommended initial radtest test "radtest test test localhost 0
>> testing123".  The following is the output I get.
>>
>>     radclient: socket: cannot initialize udpfromto: Function not implemented
>>
>> I'm not sure where to go from here.  I'm still running with the default
>> configuration.

>  You need to re-build the server without support for udpfromto.

I read up on udpfromto, and from what I can tell the openSUSE 11.1 (x64) package for v2.1.1 DOESN'T have udpfromto support compiled in.  I believe this to be the case, because changing my radiusd.conf so that the server is only listening on a single IP, instead of the default of *, fixed my problem.  radtest now gets a reply, and no longer issues an error.  With this configuration, udpfromto isn't needed, so there is no more problem.

Will Spann